On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 17:47, Bill Hartwell wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 08:50, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >I go through every so often and run RAV on my system
> >
> > Is this a default package with most installations?
>
> Nope. RAV is available from GeCAD The Software Company, at
> http://www.ravantivirus.com - it's not free, but I'm not sure what
> anti-virus programs for Linux are. Maybe I'm not looking in the right
> places, but I haven't found any free ones yet.

My understanding is that anti-virus programs that run under Linux are
meant to scan for MS-threatening viruses in mail which may eventually be
intended for delivery to a windows machine.  I know of no anti-virus
programs per se available to detect and correct Linux targeted viruses
--
Arthur S. Alexion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC