Bart Van Assche wrote:
On Jan 29, 2008 9:20 AM, Vu Pham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There are two include paths. The first one is
/usr/local/include/scst and the second one are
drivers/infiniband/ulp/srpt. Therefore, building srpt in
ofed will always use the /usr/local/include/scst path first
and if you already install scst then there won't be any problem

As you already know /usr/local/include/scst/scsi_tgt.h is
not userspace header. SCST is not part of kernel yet; srpt
is also not part of kernel

Please remove drivers/infiniband/ulp/srpt/scsi_tgt.h and scst_const.h
from the OFED distribution. It's better that the SRP target doesn't
build if SCST was not yet installed instead of having to experience a
kernel crash when OFED was built before SCST.

It's clear from both ofed/srpt readme and Vlad's SCST bit fat warning
You either build scst before ofed or
rebuild ofed

All this trouble can be avoided by distributing the SRP target code
with SCST instead of with OFED.
The same problem would appear if someone use different ofed
versions

Personally I never use OFED kernel modules built from the OFED source
distribution but instead I use the InfiniBand kernel modules included
with the Linux distribution in use. This guarantees consistence
between the kernel core and the InfiniBand kernel modules. And
whenever I use the SRP target code, I copy it to the kernel source
tree and build it from there instead of relying on the OFED kernel
build process.

And if you have never build ofed and only use IB drivers/modules in kernel tree then you should not use the srpt source in ofed distribution. You should srpt driver from this git tree git://git.openfabrics.org/~vu/srpt.git

This srpt git tree does not have scsi_tgt.h in it