On 12/29/2011 07:21 AM, Steve Wise wrote:
On 12/22/2011 02:26 PM, Edward Mascarenhas wrote:
There is a suggestion from Eduard from Qlogic to have the backports ad
different branches and not as today.
He will start a mail thread on his suggestion.

The attached file in pdf format has the proposal. It is also inlined in
text below so its easier to comment on. The pdf has 2 diagrams which
should make it easier to understand the changes that are proposed.

Comments are welcome.

- Edward

I like this approach.   I would also do the same thing with kernel_addons so
that each branch is just a specific backport.

What are there any disadvantages to your proposal?

Did you get a chance to investigate the other backport projects from this
thread?  https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/9/9/327

Some of us have been reviewing this work.
We don't see how this could be used with distro kernels (which we would
need for OFED).

Edward

Steve.

This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic
Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.