I want that i write a code which filters the data say A on field
target_group.
Ex- i give the criteria in code as target_group='PSY' and i get that
filtered list say B in another worksheet or a temperory memory.
After that I'll again filtered the list B on the field date ex:
(date>=7/1/2006 and date <=9/1/2006),this will give me list C.
After this i'll calculate columns sum,sumn and dqi as shown in this
sheet(the final objective is to put the column dqi_ind in a report). I
hope i will be able to code the calculation(sumproduct) steps but i am
stuck at filter step only.
I am stuck at how to filter the list and store it in a temperory place
and also after filtering the original list should remain intact so
that i can repeat the filtering for column target_group ,but i am
getting errors when i use the autofilter function of VBA and even
after getting errors i see filters sign in my original sheet.. I used
the below codes to do the above: Columns("A:A").Select

Selection.AutoFilter
Range("A4").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="PSY"
Range("G115").Select
Sub Macro1()
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.AutoFilter
Range("A4").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="PSY"
Range("G115").Select
End SuborSub JK()
Windows("dqm_0708.xls").Activate
Worksheets("raw_data").Activate
Range("A1").AutoFilter _
field:=1, Criteria1:="PSY", VisibleDropDown:=False
End Sub

Please help