Hi all,

   I've been programming VBA for around 1 and half years.But this is
the first time I encounter this . It is a not a VBA issue.it is a
Excel Function i guess. But I have no idea what it is.

   Here is what it does: Retreive Financial Calendar from a specified
date to a specified data via Reuters Excel add-in (Reuter is data
provider).   Reuters has provided the function already.

  The Function provided by Reuters is =DfListHolidays
("Country","StartingDate","EndofDate"). Pretty straightforward. For
instance,if I wanna know USA financial banking holiday from 2005 to
2010, i just type in =DfListHolidays("USA","2005","2010")

  The thing is when you type in  =DfListHolidays("USA","2005","2010")
in one cell, it only shows the first banking holiday. When you drag
that formula down ,all cells also show the same date as first cell.

   BUT... someone else has used  {=DfListHolidays
("USA","2005","2010")} in a column. and cells in that column show all
banking holidays from 2005 to 2010.

  My question is what is { } ? How does it work?

  I have upload the file called "Kalender_ViaReuters.xls" to the
group. Thanks for any ideas!

  Please also email anytime if you are not clear what I mean.

Vincent Zheng

Denmark

1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com