Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 23:11:30 +0530
From: praveen.khu...@gmail.com
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Need a macro to automatically merge cells in the
worksheet/workbook

Hi all
How's everyone doing?
I am novice to macro, I need a help from you guys. I hope it should be simple.
Present Scenario: I have a macro which remove non-breaking space from all the
cells at once in the worksheet. (If anyone need, I can share the code).
Usefulness of the Macro: When you copy data from the internet and paste in an
excel worksheet, it contains lot of spaces before and after, and when you want
to perform some calculation it doesn't give desired result. This macro removes
spaces before and after so that your calculation (life) becomes easy.
Problem: This macro stops working beyond the point where the it finds a merged
cell. To overcome this, I need to select all the cells of the worksheet and
then Go to Format > Cells and  click uncheck merge cells (as shown in image).
This is tedious repetitive job since I have about 30 worksheets.
Requirement: A macro which automatically merges all the cells of the worksheet
(if possible-entire workbook).

Warm Regards
Praveen Khunte

Looking to move somewhere new this winter? Let ninemsn property help
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Edomain%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Fs%5Fcid%3DFDMedia%3ANineMSN%5FHotmail%5FTagline&_t=774152450&_r=Domain_tagline&_m=EXT
1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com