Hi

This can't be done with worksheet functions without the use of another column,
because of circular referencing.

However, it can be done with macros, either automatically, or by button click.

So, which would you prefer: Worksheet functions with extra column, or VBA?

Regards - Dave.

> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:42:53 -0700
> Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Auto Calculate Number to Percent
> From: mnaf...@gmail.com
> To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to figure out if there is a way to auto calculate number
> entered into a column to total percent. Example
>
> Column A contains 'Date'
> Column B contains 'User'
> Column C contains 'Hours worked'
>
> Based on the value in column B User 'XYZ' I should be able to convert
> hours worked into total percent
>
> Date | User | Hours Worked
> 7/16 | ABC | 8
>
> This should self calculate and return on save
> 7/16 | ABC | 100%
>
> Example 2
>
> Date | User | Hours Worked
> 7/16 | ABC | 8
> 7/16 | ABC | 8
> 7/16 | XYZ | 12
> 7/17 | ABC | 8
>
> This should self calculate and return on save
> 7/16 | ABC | 33.3%
> 7/16 | ABC | 33.3%
> 7/16 | XYZ | 100%
> 7/17 | ABC | 33.3%
>
> At the end the total should equal 100% by User

> Some important links for excel users:
> 1. Follow us on TWITTER for tips tricks and links :
> http://twitter.com/exceldailytip
> 2. Join our LinkedIN group @ http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1871310
> 3. Excel tutorials at http://www.excel-macros.blogspot.com
> 4. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.quickvba.blogspot.com
> 5. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com

> HELP US GROW !!
>
> We reach over 7000 subscribers worldwide and receive many nice notes about
> the learning and support from the group.Let friends and co-workers know they
> can subscribe to group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros/subscribe

Need a new place to live? Find it on Domain.com.au
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/