Stuart, first let me thank you for your email.  In response to your comment of
my few misspellings, let me apologize for my hurried email and therefore lack
of
running spell check.  According to Brain Connection, "proficient readers read
most words (except very long ones) principally through the first and last
letters and a rapid recognition of the general shape and content of the entire
word. That's why we typically read misspelled words with no trouble."  My
misspellings didn't seem so outrageous to me but maybe that's just me.

In regards to, "How many columns arel you going to insert into the worksheet?"
I'm assuming that your word "arel" is supposed to be "are".  With that
assumption, the answer is "I don't know.  As many as needed would have to be my
best guess at this point.  Currently there are 21 but that may need to increase
in time or possibly even decrease.  Basically I just don't know."

I don't have the option of using Excel 2010, only Excel 2003.  As for a
database, etc, yes, that's the better way to go but, once again, that is not an
option.  I need to make this work with the only tool I have which is Excel 2003.

Your assumption that this is to handle lots of rows is correct, however, I
don't
understand what you mean when you said, "(which probably stand for some
client)".

To clarify for you and everyone else what I need:
I have one worksheet (sheet1) that lists 4 fields of data for each payment (20+
payments) across the top of the worksheet.  To the left of this is specific row
information that is linked to those same places (rows and columns) on sheet2.
What I need to show on sheet 2 in column B is the amount that has been entered
for payment for the corresponding row on sheet 1.  I've done this with a
formula
that sums all the amounts in sheet 1 in the cells titled "Amount" in the
corresponding row on sheet 2 .  What I need help with is a writing a formula
that will then sum all the amounts in the corresponding row on sheet 1 where a
check date and/or record # are recorded next to the amount.

Once again, I've attached my original file.  The formula I need will be placed
on sheet 2 column C.  So for the first row containing data on sheet 1 (row2)
the
total paid would be $1000+$500+$450 for a total formula result of $1950.

I hope my English is good enough for everyone to understand what it is I need.
Once again, I apologize for my apparently outrageously poor English.  Thank you
all who are willing to take the time to attempt a solution for me.  I truly
appreciate all the help I receive from this group.  Unfortunately when I put
Stuart's formula into cell C2 on sheet 2, I get #NAME? as the result and not
$1950.

Thanks all.