It sounds like you are after a simple 'Sales' database type
application. You can do this in most MS Office tools. There are
advantages and disadvantages to handling this with Excel, and likewise
with Access. I would guess that from what you have said, an Access
based approach might suit you better - but there is a learning curve
which for some can be quite steep.

To 'solve' this in Excel you need to do some serious work too,
especially if you want to use forms in any meaningful way. What I
would ask of you now is to be very clear in the description of what it
is that you want the tool you are building to do. So far we have:
- List of contacts (customers and staff??)
    -First Name
    -Last Name
    -Street Addess
    -City
    -State
    -Postcode
    -Phone Number
    -email address
    -Date of Birth        (This sounds like Outlook contacts doesnt
it?)
- List of services available / Products for sale
    -Name of Service (eg/ Haircut, Nails Done, Shampoo, etc...)
    -Suggested Price of Service
    -Quantity on hand
    -Quantity on Order
    -Tax Rate
- Log of Transactions
    -Date and time of transaction
    -Item(s) sold
    -Price of item(s) sold
    -Who sold them (staff)
    -Who bought them (customer)

There is your simple basic layout for most any sales type application.
You can of course expand on this and modify it to your hearts content.
So far this is just all record keeping and basic sales processing. We
dont have for example the payment type in this list. We are not
storing credit card numbers here either, and we have no 'security'
measures to stop people playing with the data. I dont know if these
are important to you or not.

Reporting on this information is also not catered for here. We dont
have yet for example a 'booking' option to set up appointments, so we
would need some form of appointment tracking if that is important to
you. I am sure that there are many other things that can be thought of
and implemented, and I only mention a few simply because I want you to
think about the things you want. Do you need to handle a cash drawer?
A LED display? Receipt printing? By the time you consider all these
things you can end up with a large list of requirements. You do need
to know these before you begin so you can design a solution that can
meet your needs. You may even decide it is too big a project for you
and would be better buying a simple piece of retail POS software or a
cash register with advanced functions.

Please have a think about what you want and come back to us so we
might be able to help.

Cheers

The Frog