Hi Noorain,

The following are two examples of the text files that would be
encountered. I have only shown the first and last 4 rows of the files.
The over all length of the files is very variable but hold to the same
format. Some files may end in *.out, *.txt or just *.. The files
should all begin and end with the percent sign. There may be blank
rows between data rows. Is this what you ask?

1st file "3007.out"
%
N0010 O3007 (UNDERSIDE OF REMOTE COVER)
N0020 G0 G17 G40 G80 G90 H0 E0
N0030 M6 T1 (0.750 DIA - END MILL)
N0040 M3 S650
N2290 E0 H0 X0 Y0 Z0
N2300 G53 X0 Y9.75
N2310 M0
N2320 M2
%

2nd file "8228."
%
N1O8228(790 SMART CHUCK CAMDEN)
N2M6T1
N3M3S1200
N4G0G90
N73E0H0X0Y0Z0
N74G53Y9.75
N75M0
N76M2
%

The desired output would be like:

File             ID         Comment
3007.out     3007      UNDERSIDE OF REMOTE COVER
8228.          8228      790 SMART CHUCK CAMDEN

The ID is always after the letter O.
The comment is always between the perentheses.

Thanks for looking at it.

John