Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:38 PM
To: MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Need help resolving runtime errors and crashes (or different approach)

Hi and thanks for your interest in my post.

I'm using in MSExcel 2007 and using code I've found in various forums
and published by MVPs, to perform some column copying
.  Some of the code were macros, and one is an add-in.  All fail, but
with different faults.

I used a macro from Microsoft 'MergeHorizontally' which crashes Excel
when trying to open spreadsheets identified with an array:
Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(MyPath & MyFiles(FNum))

I used macros developed by Ron de Bruin, Microsoft MVP - Excel
including 'CopyRange' and 'CopyRangeValues'.  These halt with run-time
error 445 - Object doesn't support this action on the line:
With Application.FileSearch

In my troubleshooting, I founda a wonderful add-in utility that Ron de
Bruin created, 'RDBMerge'.  This produces a different automation error
(Error 440)
Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Object doesn't support this action (Error 445)

I suspected my Exccel installation, yet I have installed Office 2007
on another computer and get the same results.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

(If it matters, I have perhaps 200 .xlsx workbooks with various names
having mostly twenty or so rows (but as many as 1500) in the first 13
columns that I wish to copy-append into one spreadsheet.  I desire
some functioning code because my VBA skills are many years out of
date.)

Regards,
-Sean-