Hi James

Yes - I have put a working Treeview in a user form on 2 different computers

One is a 32 bit win7 laptop and one is 64 bit win7 ultrabook.  Both
run Office Professionsl 2010

The process is similar but different.

Basics - to register an OCX or DLL you have to run the command prompt
as administrator.  This means brining up the shortcut to the Command
prompt (I type CMD into the program search box), Right clicking it and
selecting run as Administrator - then you get the usual black screen
and confirmation dialog.

For 32 bit system type CD \Windows\System32 then <enter>
Type dir *.ocx <enter>
You should get a listing of the .OCX files
One is probably comctl32.ocx   This is the version 5 file.  Not sure
what the V6 is called.
Type Regsvr32 "comctl32.ocx" <enter>
You should get a confirmation that it has been registered.
Now in the VBE click tools>references and click the Browse button
Browse to C:\Windows\System32  (you are probably there already)
Find comctl.ocx and double click it.

Now open a userform, Click in the userform, then right click the toolbox
Select add
select ms Treeview - probably version 5(SP2) or something.
Deselect the non working versions.

Now you should be ready to roll.

On the Ultrabook I am lees certain what i did but i think it was the following

For system type CD \Windows\SysWOW64 then <enter>
Type dir *.ocx <enter>
You should get a listing of the .OCX files
One is probably mscomctl.ocx   .
Type Regsvr32 "mscomctl.ocx" <enter>
You should get a confirmation that it has been registered.
There is also one called mscomct2.ocx.You could register that too - who knows?
Now in the VBE click tools>references and click the Browse button
Browse to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
Find mscomctl.ocx and double click it.  perhaps do the same with mscomctl2.ocx?

Now open a userform, Click in the userform, then right click the toolbox
Select add
select ms Treeview - probably version 6(SP6).
Deselect the non working versions.

Hope this helps and sorry if it is too detailed - simplified.

--
Regards
David Grugeon