From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Kurt Buff
Sent: 07 March 2014 01:40
To: exchange@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [Exchange] Securing Exchange 2010 for local delivery only, with no
auth

On the CAS, and in the EMC, I looked at Server Configuration\Hub Transport, and
see two RCs: "Client usmaildb01p" and "Default usmaildb01p"

The new manager, who is doing much of the work for this migration, has changed
a few of the names of things, so fulfilling your request stumped me for a few
minutes.

It looks as if he also changed some of the defaults, which is why I'm having
some difficulties with pointing the batch files to the new server. I looked at
the GUI and saw much the same thing as on the AuthMechanism line.

But, here you go:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>get-receiveconnector "USMAILDB01P\Default USMAILDB01P"
| fl

RunspaceId                              : df01cc12-5634-4aad-81ff-ac2951003160
AuthMechanism                           : Tls, Integrated, BasicAuth,
BasicAuthRequireTLS, ExchangeServer
Banner                                  :
BinaryMimeEnabled                       : True
Bindings                                : {:::25, 0.0.0.0:25}
ChunkingEnabled                         : True
DefaultDomain                           :
DeliveryStatusNotificationEnabled       : True
EightBitMimeEnabled                     : True
BareLinefeedRejectionEnabled            : False
DomainSecureEnabled                     : False
EnhancedStatusCodesEnabled              : True
LongAddressesEnabled                    : False
OrarEnabled                             : False
SuppressXAnonymousTls                   : False
AdvertiseClientSettings                 : False
Fqdn                                    : USMailDB01p.example.org
Comment                                 :
Enabled                                 : True
ConnectionTimeout                       : 00:10:00
ConnectionInactivityTimeout             : 00:05:00
MessageRateLimit                        : unlimited
MessageRateSource                       : IPAddress
MaxInboundConnection                    : 5000
MaxInboundConnectionPerSource           : unlimited
MaxInboundConnectionPercentagePerSource : 100
MaxHeaderSize                           : 64 KB (65,536 bytes)
MaxHopCount                             : 60
MaxLocalHopCount                        : 8
MaxLogonFailures                        : 3
MaxMessageSize                          : 10 MB (10,485,760 bytes)
MaxProtocolErrors                       : 5
MaxRecipientsPerMessage                 : 5000
PermissionGroups                        : ExchangeUsers,
ExchangeServers, ExchangeLegacyServers
PipeliningEnabled                       : True
ProtocolLoggingLevel                    : None
RemoteIPRanges                          :
{::-ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff, 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255}
RequireEHLODomain                       : False
RequireTLS                              : False
EnableAuthGSSAPI                        : False
ExtendedProtectionPolicy                : None
LiveCredentialEnabled                   : False
TlsDomainCapabilities                   : {}
Server                                  : USMAILDB01P
SizeEnabled                             : EnabledWithoutValue
TarpitInterval                          : 00:00:05
MaxAcknowledgementDelay                 : 00:00:30
AdminDisplayName                        :
ExchangeVersion                         : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)
Name                                    : Default USMAILDB01P
DistinguishedName                       : CN=Default
USMAILDB01P,CN=SMTP Receive
Connectors,CN=Protocols,CN=USMAILDB01P,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange
Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative
Groups,CN=EXAMPLE,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=com
Identity                                : USMAILDB01P\Default USMAILDB01P
Guid                                    : 1f2d1b85-ee22-4462-bafb-f187a6bf261a
ObjectCategory                          :
example.org/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Smtp-Receive-Connector
ObjectClass                             : {top, msExchSmtpReceiveConnector}
WhenChanged                             : 2014-01-21 18:50:57
WhenCreated                             : 2014-01-21 15:57:24
WhenChangedUTC                          : 2014-01-22 02:50:57
WhenCreatedUTC                          : 2014-01-21 23:57:24
OrganizationId                          :
OriginatingServer                       : USdc4.example.org
IsValid                                 : True

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Michael B. Smith <mich...@smithcons.com> wrote:
> Have you changed any configuration of the Default receive connector?
>
> If not, then it also accepts Anonymous email addressed to anyone whose email
> address is in one of your "accepted domains".
>
> To verify that, give me a "Get-ReceiveConnector Default | fl *" and post the
> output.
>
> Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 are connecting via a Routing Group Connector
> that was created for you magically when you installed the Exchange 2010
> server.
>
> VERY LIKELY - based on default configurations - you don't need to change
> anything. What you want is the default configuration.
>
> If you want to do auth, then use the CLIENT connector to port 587. That will
> allow you to do outgoing relay. Again, it's already configured in the default
> configuration.
>
> Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 come configured ALMOST completely right
> out-of-the-box for most people. You've got to create a Send connector and
> install a certificate or two, and you are off to the races.

SMP Partners Limited, SMP Trustees Limited and SMP Fund Services Limited are
licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission. SMP Accounting &
Tax Limited is a member of the ICAEW Practice Assurance Scheme.

SMP Partners Limited registered in the Isle of Man, Company Registration No:
000908V
Directors: M.W. Denton, M.J. Derbyshire, P.N. Eckersley, S.E McGowan, O. Peck,
J.J. Scott, S.J. Turner

SMP Trustees Limited registered in the Isle of Man, Company Registration No:
068396C
Directors: A.C. Baggesen, M.W. Denton, O. Peck, J.J. Scott, J. Watterson, J.
Cubbon

SMP Fund Services Limited registered in the Isle of Man, Company Registration
No: 120288C
Directors: V. Campbell, M.W. Denton, P.N. Eckersley, D.A. Manser, S.E McGowan,
O. Peck, J.J. Scott, R.K. Corkill

SMP Accounting & Tax Limited registered in the Isle of Man, Company
Registration No: 001316V
Directors: I.F. Begley, A.J. Cowley, A.J. Dowling, P. Duchars, P.N. Eckersley,
J.J. Scott, S.J. Turner

SMP Capital Markets Limited registered in the Isle of Man, Company Registration
No: 002438V
Directors: M.W. Denton, M.J. Derbyshire, D.F Hudson, S.E McGowan, O. Peck, J.J.
Scott.

SMP Partners Limited, SMP Trustees Limited, SMP Fund Services Limited, SMP
Accounting & Tax Limited and SMP Capital Markets Limited are members of the SMP
Partners Group of Companies.

This email is confidential and is subject to disclaimers. Details can be found
at: http://www.smppartners.com/disclaimer.asp