My goodness Michele!  I hope you're getting paid hourly!  :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 8:14 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Undelete command

here's what we do:

Change the primary NT account used by the mailbox to the supervisor's
account.
Go to the supervisor's station and from Tools, Services, highlight Microsoft
Exchange Server and click Properties. On the Advanced tab, add the mailbox
to the "Open these additional mailboxes" selections. (If the supervisor uses
the Outlook Bar, add a shortcut to the mailbox there.)
Hide the mailbox from the GAL.
Make a notation in the Exchange Admin GAL entry in the "Administrative
Notes" section stating that this mailbox will be deleted on a date 90 days
from the date of termination.
Make Administrator an "Alternate Recipient" for the mailbox and DO NOT check
the "deliver to both" box
Give "Exchange Admins" "Send As" permissions to the mailbox
Remove the terminated employee's mailbox from all DLs.
Disable their NT account.
Archive their G: & C: drives to CD. Give the CD to the supervisor.
Give the supervisor any mail archive CDs (.pst).
After 30 days, remove the mailbox from the supervisor's "Additional
Mailboxes" listing.
Ask the supervisor if the CDs are no longer needed. If they are not, ask if
MIS should store them or if the supervisor would like to keep them.
Delete the user's Home Directory.
After 90 days, delete the mailbox & the NT account.

-Michèle
Immigration site:  <http://LadySun1969.tripod.com>
Our new 2001 Miata:  <http://members.cardomain.com/bpituley>
Tiggercam:  <http://www.tiggercam.co.uk>
I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a
career.  -Gloria Steinem