From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 7:06 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Moving Exchange to new segment

Yes it is LAN/WAN IP Segments.  We have a pretty heated on-going debate that
if you install exchange in one segment, once you move the server to a new IP
Segment, Exchange will no longer work.

I can't see why it would.  SMS might have an issue.  But just from the point
of view that you set up your boundaries and if you do it sloppy, your users
will have to travel a wan or router to get to the server an induce extra wan
traffic.  But in exchange I can't see any calculation based on IP Segment.
We complete DHCP on all servers except two, and all of our Exchange servers
use DHCP so, I am not sure what the issue is.  Maybe some DNS issues could
crop up, but still we use DHCP so I don't see that an issue.

I think I am going to stick to my guns on this one and say it is ok to
preload Exchange and then ship the server to the site.

Thanks,

Radar