To All That Replied:

Thx 4 all the angles @ which I can approach my manager.  I WILL use them
in our next conversation.  However, e-mail is a very sensitive subject for
my CIO ever since an Internal Services survey was done and reported that
of all IT services, e-mail is used by 99.9% of the client base.  And since
his boss preaches "Customer Service" 1st and above all other things,
e-mail reliability is Paramount.  So, my manager generally likes to see
info from the manufacturer justifing what we "engineers" recommend should
or should not be done, thus the quest for a TechNet/KB article.