From: Matt Hoffman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 9:08 AM
To: Powell, Ken
Subject: RE: today's admin backwards virus

Well, there's a fundamental problem we have here; we're a public library,
and freedom to write and receive email here is not to be impinged in any
way.  Even in blocking certain attachment types, I'm kind of stepping over
the line.  So, in terms of filtering for any virus-related terminology, I
can probably get away with using software that filters for language.  But, I
will be told by management to turn it off if we attempt to do anything that
restricts anything else.  That's why I mentioned that it was not of great
concern.

Matt