From: Atkinson, Daniel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 7:16 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Editing Inbox Contents

hi ed,

i don't see a problem with editing inbox contents, in fact i find it to be a
useful feature. however, one of our site managers expressed the opinion that
someone could falsify the contents of a recieved message (say from a
customer) in order to get away with something.

> What does "skive" mean?

sorry, english slang here. Skiving (sky-ving) means not doing any work, or
not even turning up for work....

'Where's the admin gone, is he skiving off somewhere?'
'I'm so tired after last night, I might skive off work today'.

dan.

> There are seldom good technological solutions to
> behavioral problems.  I don't really see how it's any
> different than if they compose their e-mail in
> Notepad, then cut and pasted it later.  What is the
> real worry?  Please provide a scenario.
>
> What does "skive" mean?
>
> Ed Crowley
> Compaq Computer
>
> --- "Atkinson, Daniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > hi all,
> >
> > we've just moved a load of users onto outlook 2001
> > (mac) from OE5. They're
> > not too happy because of missing features and no
> > easy migration tools, but
> > hey ho.
> >
> > The admin at one site has raised the point that in
> > outlook, as with the pc
> > version, you can edit and save messages in the
> > inbox. He's worried people
> > will abuse this feature to forge dishonest email to
> > help them skive off and
> > generally get away with stuff at work.
> >
> > I'm sure there's no way to restrict this, but how
> > would you handle this one
> > with the powers-that-be, should they be concerned?
> >
> > cheers
> > dan.

> > mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents
of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized
and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.