Thanks, but that isn't the case, I am creating users with such creative
names as "e2kserver1, user1", "e2kserver1, user2", etc. on the e2k servers.
Does anyone happen to know of a Q-note for safely ripping out ADC and
starting over?  I suppose that I could rebuild the lab -again-, but it would
be nice to be able to just back up this one step and start fresh.

I started out with 2 way connectors, and when that didn't work, I tried
using 2 one way connectors using the same e2k server thinking it would allow
me to more clearly see where the process was breaking down.  When that
didn't work I tried using a 1 way connector on one of the other e2k servers
hoping that would work.  ugh.

Also, does anyone know of a q-note that would explain in great detail the
mechanism by which ADC works.  I have found information about SIDhistory and
about LDAP, but nothing about its process, sort of:

step 1: connect to LDAP on 5.5, export list
step 2: connect to e2k, export list
step 3: compare fields x,y,z for matches, discard fields from both lists
where matches occur
step 4: massage 5.5 data for LDF import to e2k
step 5: massage e2k data to csv for import to 5.5
step 6: import data

This is my guess, but I would like to see it confirmed someplace.

BTW, the end goal of my testing is to try and prove the feasibility of
having a single 2 way ADC pulling from the ORG level of e2k and 5.5 and
dumping into a specified OU/site on the other side, creating enabled
accounts.  It seems as though the tool has the capability to do this, and if
so, would prevent the needless creation of a bazillion trusts and a
bazillion individual site level ADC connections.

<caffeine>I think the coffee is starting to kick in.</caffeine>

/Gordon