Blocking Sending is indirect. Create a DL. Add this DL to the delivery
restrictions tab in the IMS. Then add users to the DL.

Michael Herrick
Groton CIT Messaging Services

From: McCready, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 9:44 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Blocking External E-mail

Were using Exchange 5.5, SP4, on NT 4.0, SP6.  I know if I remove the SMTP
address
from a users mailbox, they will not be able to RECEIVE incoming E-mail from
outside
of the company.  I can't remember what setting I change though to block them
from
SENDING E-mail outside the company.  A point in the right direction would be
greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Robert

*** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ***

This electronic mail message and any attachments to this electronic mail
message contain confidential information belonging to the originator, and
may be attorney client privileged or constitute inside information.  It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) listed as the recipient(s).
If you are not one of the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of the electronically mailed information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic mail message in
error, please forward the electronic mail message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
then remove all traces of the electronic mail message from your system.

*** The Dayton Power & Light Company. ***

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents
of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized
and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.