15 hours?! Holy crap! You do realise that it is likely going to take that
long to restore as well right?

We are using a local 35/70gb DLT library from IBM and it takes us about 2
hours max to backup a 35gb store. Using out new SAN with the same 35/70gb
DLT library it takes us about 2 hours to backup any server on the SAN. Using
the LTO library we're testing from IBM it takes us about 30 minutes to
backup that 30gb store.

The software we are using is BackupExec 8.5.

Phil