I'd be very curious as to how that happened.  There isn't an option in O2K
to rename the inbox.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynne Seamans [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 11:10 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Inbox renamed, exchng32.exe issue

Hi Gang!

        We have a user whose Inbox got renamed.  (Exchange 5.5, sp4.  NT 4
sp 6a, user Outlook 2000).

        I found TechNet article Q249750 which seemed to be a very good fit
for our situation.  The article said to use exchng32.exe to rename the
mailbox.  I had to look around the shop, but i did find a copy of that old
exchange client.  Problem is, it won't run, at least not on my win2000
desktop.  Get an error that reads:

        'The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.'  Same on an
NT4 box.  Do i have a bad copy of exchng32.exe?  (mine is time stamped
8/9/96.  Where can i get a good one?

        Or do i have to run this on a win98 box or something?  It looks like
it runs in a dos window....

        Or does somebody know another way to rename an inbox back to
"INBOX"?

                        Thanks, Lynne