From: Tim Ault [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 9:25 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Huge contact folder in Public Folders

Unfortunately, a client is required in order to access a PF; even if you do
some CDO, you are still gonna need a client to gain access to the dir.

Dumb thought No 1: If OL2k is choking on a massive import, have you
considered breaking the job into bitty parts? ..say, 10k names instead?

Dumb thought No 2: Configure OL2k as OST client. Add target PF into
Favorites folder. Set Favorites/targetPF to sync offline. Sync OL2k. Take
OL2k offline. Import contacts into Favorites/targetPF (hold breath #1). Sync
OL2k (hold breath #2). Let list know if dumb idea really works..

Dumb thought No 3: ABV's will provide a nice way to segregate users. And you
are correct that it'll take some planning to work out both the technical and
political whatnots. But you can certainly import 60k CR's into your dir
without being pressed into implementing ABV's before you are ready. I
presume their is a desire not to muddy the GAL with all those CR's, so
create a new container and import the CR's into there.

Tim.