From: Martin Blackstone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 11:39 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Investigating a Forged Message

Headers, Let us see the headers.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Tim Ault
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 8:33 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Investigating a Forged Message

Here's a little something some of you may enjoy this fine Friday.. put
on your investigator hats..

My wife forwarded this message to me:

ahem.. *chortle* ..well, in any event, "Arthur", VP (Very Pissed), wants
a head on a pike. I will offer to him (via my woman) the following
likely prospects:

1) The culprit got direct access to OL2k on the desktop;
2) The culprit knew Arthur's username & password;
3) A confederate Exchange Admin granted "User" or "Send as" permission
to culprit
4) Culprit spoofed the message from an SMTP srvr, or used a similar
serve from the web.

Feel free to presume the obvious; and I can pass along a few details
that have be provide me. Care to contribute?

Tim.