I have installed the GAL Web Tool on an IIS 5.0 server (followed Q242223).
I then assigned the Human Resource group permission to the "Directory"
on the IIS server as well as to the "virtual directory".
(Our firm decided that we do not wish to grant all our user's permission
to modify their own GAL entries.  Only members of the Human Resource
department.)

When any member of the Human Resources uses the GAL Modify Web tool,
they are able to only modify their own entries in the GAL.  When
they try to update any other entry, they receive a window which states the
following:

        Microsoft Internet Explorer
        Error Number 80070005
        Error Description:
        OK

The Error Description above is blank.  There is no description displayed.

This error occurs when the user clicks on the "Save User Info" button after
modifying another user's GAL information.  All of the members in the human
resource department can edit their own GAL entries but no one else's.
The Human Resource group permissions on the Folder that holds the ASP pages
is as follows:
        Modify
        Read & Execute
        List Folder Contents
        Read
        Write
On the "Virtual Directory" we are using Basic authentication only.

Does anyone know what I have done incorrectly or what I have left out?

PLEASE NOTE: IF I add the human resource users to the
EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATORS GROUP then they are able to edit any GAL entry and
do not receive the above error.

What kind of permissions do I need to give these members on
the Exchange Server Side of things?  I DO NOT WANT THEM TO BE
MEMBERS OF THE EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATORS GROUP.

Please help.
Mary

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain information that is
protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for
the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying
or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply e-mail, and
permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  Thank you.