I did that first thing - nothing obvious there.  Last entry was a log to
L000000.log.  Not enough detail in the log to see what the message was.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Joyce, Louis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 11:51 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: EX5.5 Server just froze up - would post SP4 patches help?

Check the event logs.

Regards

Mr Louis Joyce
Computer Support Analyst
Network Administrator
BT Ignite eSolutions
+44 (0)1392 459155

-----Original Message-----
From: Alverson, Thomas M. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 29 October 2001 16:51
To: Exchange Discussions

Our exchange 5.5 server with sp4 installed just froze up.  It was not
responding to outlook clients and the cursor was not responsive.  I had to
resort to the reset button to restart it.  Is is possible that a malformed
mail message could have caused this?  Is there a post SP4 patch that might
help?  This server has never locked up like this in the last 2 years, and
nothing has changed recently.

Tom Alverson