On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Black, Nathan wrote:
> JavaScript is Microsoft's concoction of what they felt Java should be
> like.

  (Totally off-topic at this point, but what the heck... :)

  JavaScript (now (being?) standardized as ECMAScript) was originally called
"LiveScript", and was developed by Netscape as a client-side scripting
language for web pages.  When Netscape and Sun noticed how similar
LiveScript and Java-the-language were, they decided to turn it into a
feature.

  I think C# might be accurately called "what Microsoft felt Java should be
like", but I don't speak for Microsoft.  :)

> JavaScript has just about the same issues as VBscript, and doesn't
> really have a sandbox.

  Hmmmm.  Well, it does in Mozilla.  I'm not familiar enough with MSIE's
implementation to say for sure, but I'll take your word for it.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>