Outlook 2002 ships in a much more secure mode than its predecessors.[1]
Other than getting people to agree to the obvious; that there were
significant security concerns with previous versions of the product, what's
the point of this conversation?

If it's simply a Microsoft flame, there are more appropriate forums for
it.[2] What is my net takeaway from this conversation? What can one
reasonably expect that I or anyone else has learned as a result of it? At
least if the discussion had been in haiku or encoded fish taco recipes there
might be something of value in this thread.

Send a message or 12 to [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead, it's a much more
appropriate venue for voicing your concerns and making specific product
suggestions.

[1] Insert 4 month discussion on room for improvement which results in
nothing actually coming from it since this isn't the proper forum for
getting those concerns to Microsoft.
[2] alt.microsoft.advocacy or alt.microsoft.die.satan.die perhaps.