Yes, you're correct[0], the limit is 5,000 by default in E2K. They've also
completely fscked the way DL expansion is counted against those limits in
E2K.

Q233376
But you'll be happy to know that according to MS the maximum number of
recipients for SMTP mail is 2,000,000,000. You might be unhappy to know that
Exchange 2000 developers chose to enable the minimum maximum for SMTP
recipients as called for in the RFC by default, which at the very least is
not in keeping with the spirit of RFC821.[1]

Anyway... The default limit in E2K could be adjusted by administrators who
care to, just as they could be set in the first place by administrators who
care to in 5.5, but the same 95% of admins are still clueless.

[0] Andy being the Exchange guru that he is.
[1] Obsolete this!

Chris
--
Chris Scharff