1. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q309/5/08.asp
2. If you're only using SSL you only need 443 open.

-----Original Message-----
From: Saravanan Narayanan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 9:27 AM
Posted To: MSExchange Mailing List
Conversation: IISlockdown tool and e2k issue
Subject: IISlockdown tool and e2k issue

Hi,
        Did anybody applied the IISlockdown tool before installing their
e2k server? Since I've been having lot of problem with my e2k regarding
access violation, I installed the e2k without applying the IISlockdown
tool.  Now I don't get any errors.  I am bit paranoid that SMTP is
integrated with IIS 5.0 in e2k.  My question is that do I have to have
the IISlockdown applied to the e2k server?  I tried applying it after
the e2k installation.  It failed. Second, if I am going to use SSL(TSL)
for my OWA, do I need port 80 opened at the firewall?  Please give me
your suggestion on the OWA access(through VPN, through SSL).  Thanks for
your help.

Sam