I think the issue is with your DNS Server.  Also is anyone else hosting your
DNS for you maybe they have the IPs wrong.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul J. Caritj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 3:17 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Missing Messages

Hi Everyone,
I'm rather new to Exchnge Server 2000 (and all mail servers, but I think I
have a grasp...so please bear with me). After a router failure (probably
only a coincidence) users on my exchange server have reported mail only
being delivered to their mailboxes intermittently (and now, I believe, not
at all). I verified this to discover they my ISP (the one I was sending the
test message from) was returning the message with the following information:

Unknown user: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Original message follows.

.....Blah blah blah

I have checked my event log to find no failed services or the like. Also,
internal routing works (email sent from an exchange account to another
exchenge account functions properly).

My default recepient policy contains all of the applicable domain names and
I have checked to see that the message format is correct.

I have been working on this for two days now and I would appreciate any
insight anyone might have (do I need to open firewall ports other than for
SMTP or POP3?).

Thanks a bunch,
Paul J. Caritj