As a result of recent communications with Computer Associates regarding the
Exchange agents for their antivirus and backup products, I was advised of
the following progress from the person in charge of development for the
ArcServeIT product line:

"Another point that I had not previously mentioned is that the recent
feedback has caused us to initiate a new round of testing of the Exchange
Agent to try to find any existing problems and address those.  This includes
more vigorous testing in our own datacenter with our Exchange servers.  This
excerise has turned up some issues that we are now addressing via patches
that will be made public - for both ARCserve and BrightStor Enterprise
Backup - as soon as they are confirmed.

We also did a review of the most frequent issues that support handles for
the Exchange Agent and are making changes to address those issues - some as
patches to existing products and others as enhancements to the next release
of the Agent."

I provide this only as information and not an endorsement of CA products.

Regards,

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP
This email is de-unicentered.