After re-reading the problem I have to agree.   I should have read the
entire message.  I missed the part about being able to receive internal smtp
mail.  This will only work if the users are located on the GC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Crowley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 12:12 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Allowing internal SMTP but not external

No, there's not.  If you know the ugly
fully-qualified-object-name-SMTP-address, you can send anyone SMTP mail.
Period.  There's no way in Exchange to block that.  However, nobody need
know that, and the address is so ugly that nobody would try to use it unless
someone sent out mail from a mailbox that didn't have an SMTP address and
that's what got used as the reply address.

The best answer was already given, and that was to create an e-mail domain
internally that's illegal (unroutable) on the Internet, such as
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ed Crowley MCSE+I MVP
Tech Consultant
Compaq Computer