From: Chris Scharff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 31 January 2002 12:08 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: X.400 problem...

What's the design goal here?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Peoples
To: Exchange Discussions
Sent: 1/30/2002 6:16 PM
Subject: X.400 problem...

Hi,

I have an e2k server that routes internet-bound messages to the x400
connector and then to my E5.5 server for tranmission. When I disable the
MTA and IMC on the e5.5 server, instead of messages travelling via SMTP
to another e2k server in the site (with an IMS), the messages sit in the
x400 queue (on the e2k server) waiting for the MTA on the e5.5 server to
be started.

All servers are in the same outing and administrative groups. Inbound
e-mail travels the correct route (e2k->e2k).

I have tried disabling the Exchange services on the e5.5 server and
restarting the MTA and routing services on the offending e2k server....
to no avail.

Any ideas on how to 'convince' the offending e2k server to natively talk
to the other e2k server first?

Thanks,
MP