It may solve the problem... but I am just anticipating the consequences
if removing the server form the organization doesn't work...?

Will I have mail sitting on the e2k server in the x400 connector that
will have nowhere to go or will e2k figure out that there is the whole
SMTP thing happening...?

I was thinking about upgrading the e5.5 server to e2k server and then
removing the IMC from the upgraded server - would that be a safer
option...?? If that works, then  I could just remove the upgraded server
from the org when all is OK...

On the other hand, if that doesn't work... I guess a call to PSS is in
order....

Or is that giving myself too much work (worry) for nothing?

Your feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
MP