From: Michel, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 13 February 2002 14:03
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange admin tools on XP Pro

According to Q312139 titled "You Cannot Install Exchange System Manager on a
Windows XP-Based Computer", MS tells you that you basically have to run
Exchange tools on a different machine if you have an XP workstation.  I was
able to install the old 5.5 admin with no troubles but whenever I try to
install E2k admin tools (we only purchased the E2k upgrade if that matters)
I get the exact message mentioned in that article and it won't let me. Also,
according to Q284224 you will not see the Exchange-related tasks in Active
Directory Users & Computers until you install the ESM.  Herein lies my
problem.  If you can't add the ESM to an XP machine and you can't utilize
Exchange tasks unless you install the ESM, you basically cannot use an XP
workstation to administer Exchange?  Lastly, I'm assuming that the Active
Directory Connector MMC also falls under this same thought process?  Any
input would be appreciated.

David S. Michel
MCSE/CNE
Systems Engineer
Ruden McClosky Smith Schuster & Russell, P.A.
200 East Broward Boulevard
Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL  33301
954-527-2456  Direct Phone
954-333-4056  Direct Fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message
contains confidential information that may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard
copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return
e-mail or by telephone at 954-764-6660 and delete this message. Please note
that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a
prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any
attachments may not have been produced by Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster,
& Russell, P.A.