From: Michel, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 9:03 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange admin tools on XP Pro

According to Q312139 titled "You Cannot Install Exchange System Manager
on a Windows XP-Based Computer", MS tells you that you basically have to
run Exchange tools on a different machine if you have an XP workstation.
I was able to install the old 5.5 admin with no troubles but whenever I
try to install E2k admin tools (we only purchased the E2k upgrade if
that matters) I get the exact message mentioned in that article and it
won't let me. Also, according to Q284224 you will not see the
Exchange-related tasks in Active Directory Users & Computers until you
install the ESM.  Herein lies my problem.  If you can't add the ESM to
an XP machine and you can't utilize Exchange tasks unless you install
the ESM, you basically cannot use an XP workstation to administer
Exchange?  Lastly, I'm assuming that the Active Directory Connector MMC
also falls under this same thought process?  Any input would be
appreciated.

David S. Michel
MCSE/CNE
Systems Engineer
Ruden McClosky Smith Schuster & Russell, P.A.
200 East Broward Boulevard
Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL  33301
954-527-2456  Direct Phone
954-333-4056  Direct Fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message
contains confidential information that may be legally privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert
to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to
it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at 954-764-6660 and delete
this message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a
forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the
contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced
by Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster, & Russell, P.A.