Defragment?  FDISK?

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
Compaq Computer Corporation

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Alverson,
Thomas M.
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 9:23 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Outlook 2000 slow and consumes 100% cpu when starting and
opening messages

I have a problem with a particular machine starting outlook and opening
messages.  During outlook startup and whenever a message is opened, the
cpu pegs at 100% for 15 to 20 seconds and then the message comes up ok.
The problem is not with the mailbox on the exchange server as there is
no problem accessing the account from another machine.  The antivirus
program
was uninstalled with no improvement.   A new profile was also tried with
no
improvement.  Outlook was uninstalled/reinstalled also with no
improvement. The weird part is that the messages come right up in the
preview pane. I.E. you can switch between messages and the new message
shows up instantly in the preview pane.  Also, word is NOT the email
editor. I found nothing searching mskb, deja, google, slipstick and the
archives of this list for this problem.

Tom