If you made the new box a DC you could be having issues that the DNS is now setup as a
root server.  If you go into dns and see a . zone, delete it and that will let it
search the real root servers for internet IP's.

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurentiu Bogdan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 12:11 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Split DNS

I have 2 servers:
- One server is Domain Controller with DNS Active Directory - integrated
- Second server is Exchange Server 5.5 on NT 4.0 with DNS for external
use.

On the second server I have two network cards, one for internal and second
for external. External domain is the same with the internal.

My problem is:
I install Windows 2000 server on the second server. After that I install
DNS service but I can't go out to internet. I have ping replay from IP
addresses but the DNS server cannot resolve the name.
Can you help me ??