Stopped the DNS client but DNS still crapped out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Seielstad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 2:55 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Win2K DNS is PISSING ME OFF

That's all fine and good, but you need to read up on what the DNS Client
service does.

The DNS Client Service acts as a client side DNS cache. There is no need for
the DNS Client to run on ANY machine on the network. It can help, but on an
active server running the DNS service, it causes problems.

Disable it and you'll stop having the issue.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems
Atlanta, GA