The first question is, Do you want Archiving or Journaling ?

In simple terms Archiving is where the user data is off-set to separate
storage, this can include
disk and tape systems. The data is usually made available to clients
through Outlook plugins and\or http forms. This method usually has
limited auditing of the data. Some exponents of this method are KVS and
C2C.

Journaling on the other hand copies data to separate mailboxes\storage
mediums. User access is usually restricted to Admins, especially as the
data is audited to a much higher level. One proponent of this is
@rchiveit.com.

One thing to note is that whichever system you wish to implement they
are not cheap in setup and deployment costs etc.

Yours,

Julian Stone
Exchange 2000 Consultant

This message sent from Exchange 2000 SP3 build 6212

Netstore - Europe's Leading Application Service Provider

Tel: +44 (0) 1344 444349
Mobile: +44 (0) 7710 122 312
Fax: +44 (0) 207 681 1238
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]