I brough the server back up.  Everything works fine.  I looked at the
profile that I was using to archive mail on user accounts over 2 gigs and
the profile points to my new server.  Again outlook works, it's just
really slow unless the other server is online.  Heck, everything was fine
with all the exchange services turned off as long as that server was
turned on.

When I moved the accounts to the new server I did check profiles and they
all where re-created and pointed to the new server.

I guess I can unplug the old server from the network and recreate the
outlook profile and see if it works.

Any other ideas?

*sigh*  5 weeks of planning... *hangs head*