hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Chris Anelick
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 12:31 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Public Folder Move

I am in the process of migrating all of my users (135) to an E2K box. I
have looked at Ed's Server Move doc from the FAQ. Here is what the
system looks like right now.

Old server - NT 4 SP6a, Exch. 5.5 SP4, Domain A
New server - 2000 SP2, Exch. 2000 SP2, Domain B

A two-way trust is set up between the new domains. I have installed the
new server into the existing site and set up the replication agreements.
I migrated all the user accounts with ADMT. So far so good, everything
replicated back to AD. I then went about replicating some PF to the new
server. As soon as the replication took place, I could not view anything
in or below a second level folder. For example:

All Public Folders-|

                          --Org-|

                                  ---Dept-|

                                            ---Folder

Once replicated, I cannot view any items in the 'Dept.' folder, nor can
I see the 'Folder' item in the hierarchy view. The folders were still
homed on the 5.5 server. I was pretty sure that this all worked OK on my
test server so I am not sure what I am missing.

Few more details: All of the users are still using their Domain A login
accounts (SID History was migrated to Domain B accounts). Permissions
were replicated exactly as they were on 5.5 to the PF. Default
permissions are set to none for the folder I am having problems with. I
can change default permission to reviewer, and then I can have full
access to the folder (I have Owner rights). I am suspecting it has
something to do with the domain accounts they are logging into/trusts,
but am not sure where to go from here. Anyone seen anything or know
anything about this problem? Any help would be appreciated.