Neither OWA nor Outlook/MAPI use LDAP.

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Stevens, Dave
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 12:47 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: ldap enable?

Ok...standing by for the blast wave.
I will try to word this best as possible.
  Exchange 5.5 (sp4) on W2k (sp2). We currently have Ldap enabled over
the site (I haven't checked this setting in awhile, but I could have
sworn it was disabled back when.  Maybe a SP overwrote the value?)
Anyways, 99% of our clients are mapi based, the other 1% uses OWA at
home.  No pop3 or imap. We have been hit by our IT Security team noting
a ldap vulnerability on all of our mail servers.  Do I need to have this
enabled at our site for proper operation or can I just disable all
together?

Dave