From: Stevens, Dave [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 9:04 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: ldap enable?

thanks for the input.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Crowley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 3:52 PM
To: Exchange Discussions

Neither OWA nor Outlook/MAPI use LDAP.

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Stevens, Dave
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 12:47 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: ldap enable?

Ok...standing by for the blast wave.
I will try to word this best as possible.
  Exchange 5.5 (sp4) on W2k (sp2). We currently have Ldap enabled over the
site (I haven't checked this setting in awhile, but I could have sworn it
was disabled back when.  Maybe a SP overwrote the value?) Anyways, 99% of
our clients are mapi based, the other 1% uses OWA at home.  No pop3 or imap.
We have been hit by our IT Security team noting a ldap vulnerability on all
of our mail servers.  Do I need to have this enabled at our site for proper
operation or can I just disable all together?

Dave

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be
confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). Any
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender. The
views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of
Sony or Sony affiliated companies. Sony email is for business use only.

(05)