From: Smith, Ronni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 July 2002 8:49 a.m.
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: OWA and IIS Security

1) I think you can't really make anything bulletproof but Microsoft has a
security tool that sets perms for an IIS server running OWA to minimize
risk. Search for the "IIS security tool" or something like that.

2) Yes you can run OWA on a different server. I do that. I have a cheapo
ex-desktop that runs IIS and OWA and that is it. But I don't have very many
users on it either. Be aware that if you have the IIS server in a DMZ then
you may have to open more holes in your firewall than you would like. Some
folks recommend keeping the OWA server inside the firewall so you don't have
to open more than 2 ports to it. This has been discussed on the list in the
past. People can get somewhat passionate about their view on the subject.
You might want to check the archives although I don't know how well the
search feature is working right now.