Might it not be easier to rename the two accounts?

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jon Hill
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 9:32 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: ADC issue

One of my VIP users has two 5.5 mailboxes--the primary one that everyone
sends mail to and a private one for who knows what.  The private
mailbox' name is fname minitial lname (Jane E. Smith), while her public
mailbox is simply fname lname (Jane Smith).

We recently installed AD, E2K and ADC.  No errors were reported when ADC
did its initial replication, though of course lots of new mailboxes were
created.  Here's the catch--her NT4 userid's display name (and hence her
AD userid's display name) matches the secondary mailbox name, which is
apparently why ADC connected that secondary mailbox to her primary AD
account and created a new disabled account for her primary mailbox.  We
didn't notice it until this past weekend, when I wrote a script listing
all the mailboxes and their userids.

How can I exchange the two mailboxes?  What I want to do is reassign the
primary mailbox to her primary AD account and the secondary mailbox to
the disabled AD account, and then change the two accounts' display names
to reflect the mailbox swap.

Though we've begun our firmwide migration to E2K, both mailboxes are
still on the 5.5 server.

E5.5:  5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a
E2K:  E2K SP2 on W2K AS SP2
ADC is installed on a DC running W2K SP2