From: Ed Crowley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 1:41 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Front-End / Back-End servers Exchange 2000

What's all this about virtual servers?  When a user logs into a
front-end server it looks the user up in Active Directory and then
establishes a session with the appropriate back-end server.  When
creating a front-end server, all you have to do is select the "This is a
front-end server" checkbox and Exchange does the rest.  There is no way
to tell a front-end server which back-end server to use or vice-versa,
unless I've completely missed something.

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services