From: Ed Crowley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 12:56 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Monitoring Exchange

If you're talking about the "Sendmail" of which I am aware, it's a
pretty old version of "MAPISend".  Both require a messaging profile, and
don't send through the SMTP service, but as Outlook would.

The very easiest way to do what you want is to compose an
RFC-822-formatted message and copy it to the appropriate IMS server's
exchsrvr\imcdata\pickup directory (Exchange 5.5, in Exchange 2000 it's
the virtual server's pickup directory).  See the FAQ for more details on
the format of this message.  You can do the entire job in a batch file.

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services