Jerry first is replication.  Depending on the size of your network and
your patience this can be a problem.

Have you tried domain/user or domain\user or [EMAIL PROTECTED] on the
login?

One thing I was not aware of is that for a mailbox to be displayed, the
user has to have an email address corresponding the AD domain name in
their properties (recipient policy might be at fault here).

For example, if your AD domain is network.abc but your mail addresses
are company.com then Exchange will work fine with that person having a
single address of [EMAIL PROTECTED]  For OWA to work, they also have
to have the SMTP address [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All the best,

Andy

\\servername\exchange or \\server_ip\exchange I get a box to enter user
name password and domain. At first I could enter the name of a person
with a mailbox on the server and just get Page cannot be displayed. Now
it does not seem to want to authenticate anyone. I enter the password 3
times and then get not autherized. I have created several test accounts
with mailboxes and they are enabled for web. This is all on the internal
network. I am not crossing any routers or firewalls at all. For that
matter all computers are on the same hub. I should add that test
workstations logged on as various users can send e-mail back and forth
via outlook. So exchange seems to be working fine otherwise. Any ideas?